Nevae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter Nevae, a world where monsters are the dominant force. Humans, elves, and dwarves are no longer the ruling races, instead driven to the brink of extinction by the murderous Yuan-ti. But chaos cannot rule forever...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

01. Finding the Sword

Go down 
+2
Cyrus "Bones" Strago
The Goddess
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Class: God
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue100000000/10000000001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)
Current XP:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue0/001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

01. Finding the Sword Empty
PostSubject: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:32 pm

You've heard tales of a resistance guild called The Flaming Sword. Those outside of it don't know a lot about it, just whispers here and there of a band of people committed to the overthrowing of King Nafaru. As restlessness with the King's rule grows, the Sword is mentioned more and more.

You've come to the city of Onecka, as far away from the King's Seat as you can get, following rumors of the guild's headquarters being just outside of here. Knowing that the task of killing a king is not an easy one, you wish to join the guild - to use it, benefit from it, or what ever your personal reason is - to make your goal easier. After speaking with several townsfolk, you manage to discern the location you must go to.

Start thinking about your travel here (to Onecka, the Guild, or both), and what your reason for coming is. When we are ready to start, I will unlock the thread and have you post. Please note that this thread will be primarily for role-playing.
Back to top Go down
https://nevae.rpg-board.net
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue100000000/10000000001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)
Current XP:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue0/001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 am

Alright, everyone's character sheets are up, backstory bonuses are given, and I think I'm ready for you all to die...err...play in my world!

Remember, I first want to know how you came to Onecka and/or the Flaming Sword outpost.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Class: Chaos Sorcerer
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue38/3801. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)
Current XP:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue2250/375001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (2250/3750)

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Cyrus had heard many rumors about a great and powerful sorcerer residing in Onecka. Having traveled quite far, Cyrus finally arrived in town, and immediately begins to question the people about such a person. His sole reason for finding this mage was so he could request (or demand, depending on how strong this guy was supposed to be) that he return him to his previous human state. Not that being a skeleton didn't have any benefits. He didn't have to eat, and he had lost weight, which was something he had wanted to do for awhile. But not like this.

Cyrus was soon directed towards the guild, being told the person he was searching for may reside there. He stood at the guild's doors, grimacing slightly (at least, as much as a skeleton could grimace). He knew how places like this worked. It was one of those "exclusive" type deals. Before he could get what he wanted, he would have to join it. He sighed, stepping in, thinking he could try to talk to someone and still get what he needed without having to get a crummy membership card or something stupid like that. He stepped in, looking to the first person he saw, and pointed at them. "You! I would like to speak to whoever is in charge of this establishment! ... please."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Grimlock64
Silk

Silk

Character Sheet
Class: Assassin
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue37/3701. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (37/37)
Current XP:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue2250/375001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (2250/3750)

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 pm

The city of Onecka had little to offer Silk. The only reason he was here was the rumors of the resistance group. The Flaming Sword had quietly advertised that they were recruiting. After questioning the right people, Silk had discovered more information about the guild. Their main goal was to bring down the very man his queen demanded must die. The assassin was not one to turn down resources or waste an opportunity. Indeed, his very profession relied on utilizing every opportunity to the fullest.

He found the main gate with little difficulty. They were surprisingly easy to track down. This gave Silk pause. A resistance this easily discovered should be an easy target for one as powerful as Nafaru. It could be a trap. He slipped inside an alley across the street and let the shadows envelope him as he watched the main entrance. He had seen a few others enter with little interrogation, perhaps members or new recruits that were already known. But then the most unusual of circumstances unfolded.

A skeleton, walking around like it owned the place, approached the door and demanded to see who was in charge. Silk couldn't help but growl quietly to himself. His queen was not fond of the undead. This one seemed interesting, however. A feeling, a disquiet, held him back from attacking immediately. He settled himself and watched and waited to see what this abomination would do next.
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 pm

A weathered looking orc looked the skeleton that addressed him up and down with the one eye he had. Next to him, a scraggly looking dog growled at him, sniffed at him, and then coughed like it would fall over right then and there.

"Why would you want to see anyone here. It's obvious you don't have any guts!" The orc doubled over in laughter at his own joke, wheezing. He composed himself again. "Aye, you may come in. But! I has a question for ya first." He got real quiet, and he put his face really close to that of the undead sorcerer. "What two things can ya never have for breakfast?"
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue38/3801. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (38/38)
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Cyrus was rather unamused by his joke. " Har har... as for your question, lunch and dinner.", he said rather bluntly. "Now may I please see your guild master?"

OOC: Just real quick, DM, if it's alright, I'd like to quickly do my d10 roll for my Wild Soul class feature, which is done after an extended rest, but since we just started the campaign, I'd just like to hurry up and roll to see what resistance I have if it's okay.
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm

"Shucks." The old orc looked disappointed. "I was shore I'd get ya on that one. Jango, go lead this man to Greeshtan. Maybe he can help him find his funny bone." The orc grinned at himself again.

The orc stood back at his post. The dog, who had been previously licking himself rather energetically, reluctantly got up and lead the skeleton into the hallway that the orc stood guard of.

The hallway was short and rather uninteresting. Soon, the skeleton was brought to a courtyard bustling with activity. In the courtyard flamboyantly dressed monsters were...painting. And sculpting. There was wine and merriment abound. A rather intoxicated Xivort approached the skeleton.

"Hey, man, why the long face? err... no, wrong one... uhhh... Did you recently walk into a bar? No, no, no.... Umm. Have you seen my banana?"
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Cyrus followed the dog down the boring hall, coming out to the less-boring courtyard. He looked around, slightly in awe, then felt like he wanted to leave already upon some idiot trying to make a poor joke, like everyone else he ever met since that fateful day. However, as noted, he was doing a poor job. He began to wonder if he was better off not answering the riddle correctly. "I don't want to waste anyone's time, especially mine, so I'll make this quick: do you have a sorcerer around here? Preferably a powerful one who can do all sorts of amazing feats."

OOC: Doing my Wild Soul roll!
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller

Dice Roller

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:55 pm

The member 'Cyrus "Bones" Strago' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'10-Sided' :
01. Finding the Sword 10-Sided
Result : 2
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

"Sorcerer? I don't know. I just know the innkeeper! *hic* Talk to Greeshtan. He might know."
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm

He facepalmed. "Of course... where can I find this Greeshtan then? Wait, where did that dog go? He lead me here, maybe he knows."
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 pm

While you've been speaking with the Xivort, the dog has disappeared, probably sitting back at his post.

"Greeshtan sits in the big house." He points a finger at a large building across the way from the hallway you've exited. "Are you here to paint?"
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:05 pm

"Well, some painting does sound relaxing-NO. I'm simply here to see your guildmaster so I may locate a sorcerer to perform a task for me! Now that I know where to go, I shall bid you good day!" He turned on his bony heel, his cloak flapping slightly as he made his way towards the tower he was directed towards. He went to the door, simply walking in, pending it wasn't barricaded of course.
Back to top Go down
Silk

Silk

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue37/3701. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (37/37)
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Silk was ready to make his move into the guild. The skeleton entering unmolested reassured him somewhat. He let the shadows flow away from him and approached the doorway. The knuckle of his claw made a dull thunk on the wood.
Back to top Go down
Koraph

Character Sheet
Class: Wizard
Current Hit Points:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue30/3001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Current XP:
01. Finding the Sword Left_bar_bleue1300/225001. Finding the Sword Empty_bar_bleue  (1300/2250)

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:40 pm

I have arrived Onecka, a city in which I seemed to be hopelessly lost in. Many of the other creatures here regard us as peasants. My goal is two fold. To bring our race to the once Omnipotent status at dragon's offspring, and to dethrone anyone whom stands in my way! For it is our birthright to rule! *He looks up briefly from writing in his journal* I still haven't found a way to achieve my goals, but I plan to strike terror and fear into those whom think differently, but as the old Kobold adage goes, "To a Kobold, everybody's close, just some closer to death than others" I don't remember who said that, maybe it was somebody in the old village? *he stops writing again, and winces thinking of the home he once had.* I have a better life now. I'm not picked on as much, and I am able to.. get things more easily than I used to.

HAY WATCH IT! somebody shouted out. Koraph had accidentally ran into someone.
He Screeched softly and took off running toward the nearest open door that was in sight to escape a possible pummeling. He kept going until he hit something else, a large desk sitting near the entry way of the building he just darted into. He rubbed his head making sure he was alright, and slowly looked up at the towering orc. His words had seemed to excape him at the sight of the large orc. "He pointed at him and spoke, "Ooooooh, Your big!" he then cleared his throat and put his hands together "Sorry, your just taller than most others I see. You wouldn't happen to know of that place here in town that hires henchmen now and again would you?"
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Cyrus

You enter the main room of the building that you've gone into. Immediately you are stopped by a krenshar, an animal that looks like a hyena and cougar had a baby. It is quite large, and as it hisses at you, its skin peels back from its skull, revealing the shiny white bone underneath.

Silk - Koraph

The orc looked up as the gnoll knocked on the door frame. "Fuzzy guy, aintcha? What can I do --" He stopped as a kobold ran into him. "HEY! Can't ya see two men are trying to have a conversation here? Why don't you step back a moment and wait for yer gosh darn turn." The orc mumbles something about the state of the world's youth these days. He turns his attention back to the gnoll.

"As I was saying, crops are doing real bad this year....err. Sorry, got side tracked. What did ya want again?"
Back to top Go down
Silk

Silk

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 pm

"Oh, simply put, I want to help you commit regicide. Yehehe!" He looks down at the kobold. "And I believe this one would like to help me! It's so hard to find good help these days. Who am I to turn it down when it comes to me?" A mouthful of blades grins down at the kobold. The gnoll then looks back at the orc. "Well? Can I join your little club?"
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 am

"Well sir I don't know why you folks are gettin' all excited about killing people. You'd do well to just be nice on the inside." He scratched his head for a moment in thought, then his face visibly brightened some. "Say, you boys know the answer to this?"

"I am large as a castle, yet lighter than air. 100 men and their horses cannot move me. What am I?"
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

Cyrus stopped dead in his tracks as he noticed the large creature before him. "Oh boy... uh... good kitty... thing. NIce kitty... thing..." he would try to smile in a way only a skeleton could, waving his bony hand lightly at the beast as he attempted to look around for anything of use to him, whether it was different door he could easily get to, or something to distract it.

Perception: +1

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller

Dice Roller

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

The member 'Cyrus "Bones" Strago' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'20-Sided' :
01. Finding the Sword 20-Sided
Result : 8
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:13 am

Cyrus, Please check your PMs for your Perception results.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:17 am

Cyrus sighs as he finds nothing to aid him. Then he gets the idea that maybe... maybe this thing is someone's pet! There have been numerous times he would go to a friend's home, his dog would constantly bark at him. Or his parrot would squawk at him. Or his cat would throw up on his shoe. He looks around, then calls out for someone. "Hello! Is anyone there? I'm looking for a Greeshtan! Could someone at least remove this creature so I may pass?"
Back to top Go down
The Goddess
Admin
The Goddess

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 am

Cryus's call is answered by a gruff voice. "Who's there?" Heavy footsteps can be heard coming toward him. Suddenly, a lizardman enters the room that he occupies. "I'll call off my beast when you tell me why you're here and why you just enter someone's house without knocking."
Back to top Go down
Silk

Silk

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:31 am

"As large as a castle, lighter then air, and cannot be moved. Tricky." The gnoll glances down at the kobold. "Any ideas, henchman?"
Back to top Go down
Cyrus "Bones" Strago

Cyrus

Character Sheet
Current Hit Points:
Current XP:

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:32 am

He tilted his head. "This is a house? I honestly was not aware this was someone's home, more of a room within the guild... look, I'm sorry for just barging in unannounced, but I'm looking for someone named Greeshtan. If you would kindly direct me towards him, I'll leave you and you're pet be."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 01. Finding the Sword   01. Finding the Sword Empty

Back to top Go down

01. Finding the Sword
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nevae :: The Game Mat :: Part 1: The Flaming Sword-
Jump to: